Bring your lunch and join us to learn and discuss how to transform and redesign your face-to-face course into an online or blended course, or enhance your existing online course. This series combines effective pedagogical strategies, best practices and hands-on exercises. Participants will utilize the new WebCampus Learn platform to gain a strong understanding of how to transform best practices into your online or blended course. Upon completion of the workshop series, you will be equipped with the skills and strategies to develop and manage your online or blended course.
Online meeting opportunities will also be provided at the same time as face-to-face meeting.
After participating in this session, you will be able to design effective assessments for your online or blended course.
This workshop will focus on
- What are the challenges and effective techniques to assess students learning in online courses
- What are the types of effective assessments in online courses and how to select the appropriate online assessment strategy
- How to provide students multiple assessment opportunities
- How to use student self-assessment, peer-assessment and group assessment in online courses
- How to design rubrics to connect a grade with instructor feedback
- How to use tools in assessing students’ online learning?
- How to ensure that students continue to remember and use information they have learned for an examination
- How to collect student feedback
- How to detect plagiarism
Best Practices and Hands- on Exercises
- Examples of various types of online assessments in different scenarios
- Examples using technology tools
- Instructions and hands-on practice with WebCampus Learn
- Creating and managing quizzes, tests, surveys, and assignments
- Lock-down browser
- Safe Assign