Bring your lunch and join us to learn and discuss how to transform and redesign your face-to-face course into an online or blended course, or enhance your existing online course. This series combines effective pedagogical strategies, best practices and hands-on exercises. Participants will utilize the new WebCampus Learn platform to gain a strong understanding of how to transform best practices into your online or blended course. Upon completion of the workshop series, you will be equipped with the skills and strategies to develop and manage your online or blended course.
Participants meet biweekly on Wednesday from 12pm to 1pm. Online meeting opportunities will also be provided at the same time as face-to-face meeting.
SESSION 1: How to make your syllabus a one-stop shop for your students
After participating in this session, you will be able to redesign your existing course syllabus into an accessible and learner-centered syllabus for your online or blended course.
This workshop will focus on
- How to create a course syllabus with clearly delineated objectives, expectations, grading rubrics, resources, due dates, and other student centered information
- How to make your course syllabus explicit and accessible
- How to redesign your course syllabus into an effective online course syllabus
- How to ensure that your students have read and understood your syllabus
Best Practices and Hands- on Exercises
- Accessible syllabus templates for online or blended courses and Syllabus Checklist will be provided and discussed
- Instructions and hands-on practice for creating and uploading your Syllabus to WebCampus Learn will be provided