Advanced Degrees and Majors
Supported by a variety of research centers and institutes, research services and library holdings, the university offers graduate study leading to the advanced degrees of:
- Master of Accountancy (M.Acc),
- Master of Arts (M.A.),
- Master of Arts for the Teaching of History (M.A.T.H.),
- Master of Arts for the Teaching of Mathematics (M.A.T.M.),
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A),
- Master of Education (M.Ed.),
- Master of Fine Art (M.F.A.),
- Master of Judicial Studies (M.J.S),
- Master of Justice Management (M.J.M.),
- Master of Music (M.M.),
- Master of Public Administration (M.P.A),
- Master of Public Health (M.P.H),
- Master of Nursing/Public Health (N.P.H.),
- Master of Science (M.S.),
- Master of Social Work (M.S.W.), and
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.).
In addition, certain professional degrees are granted in engineering, medicine and mines.
Master's degree programs require proficiency in the area of specialization as evidenced through advanced course work and scholarship endeavors via a thesis or a professional paper. The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree is conferred for work of distinction, in which the student displays original scholarship and achievement.